Thursday, October 29, 2020

Young & Hungry

Each year during the month of October, I show off only pink (and shades of pink like magenta, peach, etc) to help raise awareness of Breast Cancer, a leading cause of death for females in the United States.  For each (meaningful, non spam) comment left by those that follow the blog I donate a dollar to hopefully help at least one woman get a much needed mammogram (max $400).  Early detection is key!!!

If you want to make your own private donation please visit the National Breast Cancer Foundation.  There is a donate button on the main page and it only takes a minute of your time.  Every little bit helps.

I have focused primarily on cards that only feature Andrew McCutchen on the card, but in recent years have also featured cards with a cameo appearance (either being seen on the card or as a name cameo on the back of the card).  Last year I created Falco Files which discussed players that replaced (Shane Falco Replacements movie reference) on an active roster, number worn, or trade.  I will continue to utilize these styles of posts as we celebrate the 4th Collecting Cutch Save Second Base event (I am no longer counting my first run on the Pirates Treasure Room I did back in 2014.)

Emily Osment

Emily Osment was born in Los Angeles and has been acting since she was five years old.

She may not be a typical choice for someone you would have expected to see for this kind of event if you only remember her from her early Disney career, but if you have seen the sitcom comedy Young & Hungry you know exactly why she is getting featured.

Unfortunately the series ended in 2018 (when I originally began crafting the idea of featurung her on the blog), but the entire series is available on Netflix in 25 minute episodes.

The beauty and comedy of Emily should keep your attention long enough to ignore some of the cliche sitcom routines that pop up throughout the series.

I mentioned earlier that she became famous for Disney.  She played Lilly Truscott on Hannah Montana.  Lilly was the best friend to Miley Cyrus' character.
During the time she also became a recording artist

Before she became famous herself she was known for being the YOUNGER sister of Haley Joel Osment, the kid actor from The Sixth Sense.

Wow! That makes me feel old.

Emily celebrated her 28th birthday this year.

The back of this 2017 Allen & Ginter Magenta printing plate is card 28.

I have been waiting a very long time to share this post.
This post has been in limbo for nearly 2 years waiting to see the light of day.

Maybe it's just my active imagination, but the framed image reminds me of those spooky haunted mansion paintings "that make you see dead people". 
The card is numbered 28 on the back.

It seems appropriate to show off a Dodgers fan following their Tuesday victory and 1st World Series Championship since 1988


Here is a little preview for who will be appearing tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. I actually liked watching young and hungry. Your title gave it away for me today. I do wished they hadn't left the show hanging.

    Cool creepy plate as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, when I saw the last name I was wondering if she was related to Haley Joel.

    That framed plate is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great plate, and Emily grew up nicely for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently saw Haley Joel Osment on The Boys and was blown away that he's old now. Still (and probably always will) remember him for The Sixth Sense. Beautiful plate and reference to a great film.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't know her until you mentioned Hannah Montana and then I suddenly remembered her in that show the few times I stared at it vacantly when my daughter was watching.

    Go Dodgers! And I know tomorrow's feature is a Dodger fan, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice plate for sure! Thanks for sharing it. Never heard of the actress and never saw the Sixth Sense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I've heard of her before, but that must've been awhile ago. Always amazing to see the cards in the CUTCH Vault.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too old to have ever watched HM, but nice to see her now! What a doll!

    ReplyDelete