Thursday, August 13, 2020

A Fresh Faced Former Fish

The Philadelphia Phillies announced today that they are bringing up their top hitting prospect and MLB's #31 overall prospect, Alec Bohm, to make his debut today.
Bohm was the Phillies first round selection in the 2018 MLB Draft, when he was selected 3rd overall.
I only have a trio of Alec Bohm cards which I picked up at a local mall card show last year in a dime box.  
I typically don't look into dime boxes too much because they often require more work in searching than I have interest in.
This seller had his dime boxes grouped by year though and I was searching looking for some Pirates goodness to add to my collection.  
This card stood out because of the pink bat, which I was thinking "Hey that could be cool for an October post"
But when I saw more Bohm cards, "I was like what's the worse that happens? I give them to Brad? It's only a dime."

So I purchased all three
And coincidently, Alec Bohm, a former Clearwater Thresher is getting the call up for his MLB debut in the middle of Shark Week.

Coincidence?

I think not.  

With the Pirates season being a complete joke, I'm really pulling for the Phillies to make a good run into September and make a push for the playoffs.  Let's hope the other former sharks (Threshers) on the team can rally around Bohm.

4 comments:

  1. Those Heritage cards look really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Former Thresher making his debut during Shark Week. It's amazing stuff like that that keeps up coming back.

    Good Job! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dime boxes with rookie cards of familiar names. Hope he ends up making it big.

    ReplyDelete