Saturday, May 8, 2021

Something is missing


Back in February I showed off my first 2021 Cutch cards (specifically a 70 Years of Topps insert using the 1955 design).  
I also showed off the 5x7 Topps Online Exclusive Gold Parallel numbered to 10 copies.  You can revisit that post here.
I included both card scans below.
One thing is missing from the oversized 5x7 Gold Parallel.

The fascimile autograph.

I sought out and added something to correct that problem.

Topps released a 52 card autograph set limited to 10 copies or less of several athletes used for the 70 Years of Topps. 
Above is the 2021 Topps 70 Years of Topps limited autograph.  As you can see it is a sticker autograph placed where the traditional fascimile autograph would be.

The back is serially numbered to only 5 copies.  Oddly enough there aren't any markings on the card regarding a certified autograph besides the sticker.  I researched some of the other players included in this autograph set (Jeter, Trout, McGwire, etc) and they all have the standard information on Topps autograph cards missing.  You know the normal blurbs I am talking about the signing of all autographs are witnessed by Topps representatives to confirm authentication (or something like that)

I don't know if this was just an oversight on Topps for this insert release or if they will be getting away from putting official certification on cards in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Good correction! The missing signature would have been cool as a gold foil signature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they're going to at least retain the "Topps Certified Autograph Issue" line. It can be quite confusing when certified autographs don't SAY they're certified autographs.

    ReplyDelete