Tuesday, June 8, 2021

This community is amazing!

So as many of you know, I am in the process of moving to what will hopefully be my final landing spot complete with my own man cave to display the Cutch goodies in proper displays.  

Because of living with the in laws as this housing market settles down and we can save some extra money, I have had my hobby mail go to my dad's house because I quite frankly don't feel like going to storage every few weeks.  He has basically become my personal PO Box for hobby related stuff.

Well about a month ago I got a Twitter message from the blogger "Rosenort" of the Rockies and Redskins based blog condition-sensitive.
He said he had a McCutchen card he didn't think I had in my collection and was willing to send it to me.

Bold statement as I have over 3,000 unique cards of Cutch, but awesome!!!!  I gave him my dad's address and had him send it to me.  

It's been a few weeks since I got the chance to catch up with my dad so over the weekend I stopped by after work to visit with him and he told me that I had gotten a few things since the last time I visited.

Cool.  I put them in my car and didn't think anything of it.

I opened up the package and found a Topps Now card holder inside,
instantly thinking it may be a parallel of a Topps Now card.
Some I have, many I don't. 

I opened it up and was immediately greeted with his signature card
which ranks up there with Fuji's for coolest blogging business cards.

Then I saw what he had sent me....

ARE
YOU 
FRICKING
KIDDING ME?
A 1/1 Andrew McCutchen printing plate from 2012 Topps Mini!!!!!
Yeah I am pretty sure I don't have this.
You win!!!!
For now
But rest assured I will find a way to repay you with a RAK (Random Act of Kindness)

In all seriousness, thank you so much to all of you who read this blog and think of awesome things like this to gift upon me.  It's amazing!!!




7 comments:

  1. WOW Yeah I'd say that was one you didn't have. Holy Guacamole Cutch-Man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our community of bloggers is indeed special. I like how he was able to put Coors Field in the background of his custom. I wish I would have put the Oakland Coliseum on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a perfect gift for you! Safe bet Rosenort made on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! Such a great gesture. And the custom card is great as well. It would definitely have a spot next to Fuji's, as well as Nachos Grande's signed A&G minis!

    ReplyDelete