Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Retail Madness!

First of all, my photography skills with my phone are some of the worse on a blog.  I'm sorry. One of my purchases I plan to get next year is another scanner or some kind of lightbox so I can take better pictures.

One of the few purchases I made over the past few months is a card I have looked to acquire since 2013.

Yup, 2013!
Panini Prizm has always been one of my favorite card releases because of how bold the color parallels are, see below for an example.   


Recently the product has gotten a little silly with nearly 30 different parallels to chase after like lime green donuts, zebra stripes, etc but early Prizm was stunning.

Look at the group of parallels above that I scanned and showed off a few years ago.

Man, do those colors pop!

Pictured above is my latest pickup for the rainbow, a 2013 Target red exclusive coupled with my green retail exclusive. 

I always liked that Topps and Panini would do exclusive parallels to chase with some of the retail stores (Wal Mart, Target, Toys r Us, Meijer, Walgreens, etc).

Do you like the store exclusive parallels?

Despite not being licensed, do you like the Prizm brand?

Do you have any recommendations for taking pictures of baseball cards?

5 comments:

  1. For the most part, I like retail parallels. I don't need 30 parallels, but blue (Walmart), red (Target), and yellow (Walgreens) I've always found to be pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll get as many parallels of Matt Boyd as possible.
    As for taking pictures in my phone...I've never figured that out, no matter what phone I've used.

    Good Job. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd prefer if the only parallels were that of retail exclusives. As for Prizm, I like the parallels (just not so many), the base in it's 'shiny' format is too bland for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Prizm, but there's one thing I find annoying--the cards are so slippery it's hard to stack them. I bought a bunch of Prizms at the last card show I attended, and I have a bunch which I sorted and need to file away with their teams (cards which don't fit into my binders). And the stacks keep falling over all the time! Not a big deal, but irksome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever I'm shopping/trading for cheap football/basketball cards I check Panini Prizm first. The base cards are really starting to look the same year to year but the parallels are a lot of fun. It's too bad NBA/NFL Prizms are so damn expensive and MLB Prizms are unlicensed. (If Panini still had an NHL license I'd have bought a couple boxes for sure.)

    ReplyDelete