Sunday, February 4, 2018

Forgot about these...oops

A few days ago I showed off the red parallels I added to my collection. In my haste to get that post ready for the first Friday in February's National Red Day, I forgot to show off two more reds I had acquired.

The first is a 2017 Bowman Best red refractor numbered to 10 copies.

You will see more parallels of this in the future.  It's a lovely looking rainbow, but they got something wrong on the back.
While Cutch did have a good game on July 30th 2017 by hitting 3 homers in a game for the third time, his best game came on September 26th when he went 4 for 4 with 8 RBI, 2 homeruns, a single, double, and a standing ovation from the Pittsburgh crowd.  I guess releasing cards shortly after season's end didn't allow for that game to be mentioned on the back.

Another red card I added was the Gold Label class 3 numbered to 25.

I showed off the other two classes (1 & 2) on the red post.
The backs for all three classes are the same



4 comments:

  1. Whoa, that Bowman's best is sweet looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. This year had a much better design than the 2016 version.

      Delete
  3. Gold Label has always been an attractive product. It'd be interesting to look through the entire set and see if Topps included any dates on 9/26 or later.

    ReplyDelete