Saturday, February 24, 2018

It's not a schooner, it's a sailboat

Growing up in New Jersey as a kid whose most influential teen years were in the 90s, are you surprised that one of my favorite comedies is Kevin Smith's Mallrats?

You shouldn't be.
I used to be able to quote it easily.

I am a big comic fan so any time that Stan Lee makes a cameo is a good movie in my eyes.

Now why on Earth would a baseball card blog focusing on a single player need to make reference to Willem who couldn't see "the ______ sailboat"

Well in case you missed it during all the off-season hotstove news, John Jaso, former Pirates deadlocked 1B and Rightfielder selected to retire at season's end.  While Jaso wasn't a superstar, I thought he was an easy guy to root for and super friendly with the fans.

What's Jaso's retirement plan?
"I have a sailboat"

I couldn't pass up this Orange Mini Topps /25 For $8.

Such a cool image of the former Pirates.


4 comments:

  1. That's a really cool card. Love the title of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of all the Kevin Smith movies, my best friend in high school used to quote Mallrats all. the. time.

    That Orange "Armada" mini is really neat.

    ReplyDelete