Saturday, June 2, 2018

At Least It Wasn't $20,000 for These Cards

When I am browsing for Cutch needs I will occassionally search large lots of cards in hopes of finding a card I need.

I managed to find TWO Topps Black needs for the collection.

The problem, they were part of someone who was selling their entire collection for $20K.  Yup! $20,000!!!!  20 fricking thousand dollars.  As crazy as I am with trying to get Cutch cards I couldn't spend that kind of coin even though as an investment lot you could make your money back if you spent the time and effort to sell things individually and not flood the market.

I reached out to the seller to see if he would break up the collection to sell me the TWO cards I needed.


Not only was he willing to break up the lot he even took 33% off what I offered for the two cards.

For $20 each I was able to secure these two incredible cards for the PC.
The 2014 version commemorates Cutch for his 2013 NL MVP near unanimous victory.

The black alternative uniforms worn by the Pirates match the black borders of the Topps flagship cards perfectly.

I couldn't be happier to add these two tough cards to the collection after several years of searching for a good price to acquire them.

Now excuse me while I enjoy some Cinnamon Toast Crunch to bask in my victory.


On a completely unrelated note I went against the odds and predicted Cutch to hit a HR today as part of the HR Derby Challenge found in packs of 2018 Topps.

4 comments:

  1. Haha your shrewd negotiating skills definitely paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that the seller worked with you and gave you a good deal. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is my all-time favorite cereal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Sounds like a win/win situation. These Topps black parallels were made for Pirates cards. Both of these Cutch's are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need a few more and they are driving me bonkers trying to track down.

      Delete