Sunday, July 15, 2018

Scripture Sunday Luke 14:11

"For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and the one who humbles himself will be exalted"

I won't always be showing off cards of Cutch with inscriptions as I only have about 5 of them if memory serves correctly.
This 2005 Just Minors card featuring Cutch in his Gulf Coast League Pirates uniform features an on card autograph with an inscription Luke 14:11


This verse holds meaning to me in many ways.  In my job I often give credit to others and recognize the team effort rather than taking credit for my own actions in the success of the team.  A good example of this is that we have a new department manager who is our youngest dept mgr in our company and he has taken on a strong desire to learn and be successful through me.  He has approached me several times in trying to make his Gross Profit and Net Income of dept better.  I gave him a few suggestions and it has paid massive dividends.  My supervisor came to me thanking me for the time I spent with him and making the store operations better because of his success.  Rather than own it and say "Yeah. I am the best and can make anyone successful" I simply said "Collin is the future of our company. He has a strong desire to learn. All I did was offer some suggestions. He is the one that executed it ... and did it brillaintly".

It's important to stay humble in our lives.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go with giving your dept manager the credit, that's commendable. I've always admired people who are humble and treat others with respect and dignity. Most of my favorite athletes are the guys who go about their business the right way, without arrogance or greed or self-promotion. Cutch fits that description for sure. Nice verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still remember my father talking to me after he caught me bragging to my friends about one of my Christmas presents. Don't remember the present, but I definitely remember the lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scripture. Looking fireside to next week

    ReplyDelete