Saturday, October 20, 2018

Get Aboard the Tardis

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month.  Visit the official site here.

Breast Cancer will be detected in one of eight women in the US each year.

It is the second leading cause of cancer death among women each year.

On average every 2 minutes a woman will be diagnosed with breast cancer and every 13 minutes one person will die from breast cancer.
There are currently 33 million breast cancer survivors in the USA.

It's important to support the research for cancer.  Breast Cancer is often associated with the color pink so I will be showing off some pink Cutch cards.

In addition, you can expect to see some boobs with each post.  Who doesn't love boobs?

So let's start with what we're hoping to save!

Jenna Louise Coleman
Strangely enough like so many other of the lovely featured this month, there is very few pictures of Coleman showing massive signs of cleavage.

She appears to be a classy lady.

As so many of these pictures show.
When it comes to British TV shows, the only one I could consistently watch was Doctor Who.
Something about that Police Box aka Tardis just seems so cool to me.

Coleman is a British actress best known for her role in Doctor Who.




The design for the 2018 Home Run Challenge cards remind me of a promotion ad for Doctor Who with the Tardis traveling through time and space in the background.


The July winners were rose colored. McCutchen's copy was numbered to only 17 copies.  I predicted my date of July 31st which was a bold move considering all the trade rumors surrounding Cutch at the non waiver deadline.

Do any of you watch Doctor Who?





9 comments:

  1. I appreciate your effort to find a appropriate image for this series of posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't easy coming up with material to take a random pink baseball card of my favorite baseball player and find an appropriate lady to correspond it to.

      Delete
  2. Perhaps her fellow companions Karen Gillan and Billie Piper will make an appearance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I considered Piper. Gillan looks too much like an ex of mine to consider. Sorry

      Delete
  3. Love Doctor Who been a fan since 1981. Oddly enough there were at least 2 other times I had been sort of introduced to the show. A few months or years before I got into the show I had seen some of the US Printed Doctor Who books (Pinnacle Books printed a small series of 10 books in late 1970s early 80s) at my local News Stand sold newpapers, magazines (even "girly mags" behind the counter), books, comics, trading cards, candy, soda, ice-cream and maybe a few other things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't watched Doctor Who in a few years. But I'm tempted to give it a shot again after seeing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They had a marathon several weekends ago on SyFy channel. Tuned into a couple episodes and was introduced to Ms. Coleman. I would chase her through multiple dimensions too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the marathon too. Completely agree with you about Ms. Coleman.

      Delete