Friday, October 26, 2018

Luuuucy In The Skyyyy with Donruss


October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month.  Visit the official site here.

Breast Cancer will be detected in one of eight women in the US each year.

It is the second leading cause of cancer death among women each year.

On average every 2 minutes a woman will be diagnosed with breast cancer and every 13 minutes one person will die from breast cancer.
There are currently 33 million breast cancer survivors in the USA.

It's important to support the research for cancer.  Breast Cancer is often associated with the color pink so I will be showing off some pink Cutch cards.

In addition, you can expect to see some boobs with each post.  Who doesn't love boobs?

So let's start with what we're hoping to save!

Lucy Pinder


Pinder is a British model who has become well known her G cups.
She has had several modeling gigs over the years from video games to lingerie to automobile ads.






She also has appeared in some B Horror Movies like Strippers vs. Werewolves.

The well endowed actress/model doesn't seem to be going away even at the age of 35.

If you did the math correctly you would have figured out that Pinder was born in 1983.

This 1983 Retro design pink border card from 2017 is limited to only 25 copies.

It is very reminiscent of all those Wade Boggs rookie cards I had as a kid.

The retro back is a bit disappointing as it doesn't have the same design as 1983.  It is merely the 2017 back design with RV (retro version) numbering.

 Those early Donruss sets used to have the player's full name printed.

I don't know about the rest of you, but when my full name was said aloud, I knew I was in trouble.

Donruss is in trouble for not completing the retro look. #fail

We are nearing the end of my 3rd Save The Boobies Event where I bring awareness to Breast Cancer all month long by showing off cards featuring Andrew McCutchen in shades of pink for 31 days.  I hope you all have enjoyed this special event again this year.  I have already picked up some new magenta and pink cards to show off next year featuring Cutch.

After the World Series the winners of the contests will be revealed.  Without a horse in the race, I am pulling for the Red Sox to win it all simply because of former Pirates Brock Holt and Steve Pearce.  

6 comments:

  1. Wow! As much as I appreciate and enjoy the written work on your posts, sometimes the pictures are enough so that they are all I can see. I mean, the retro design front with the pink border is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1983 was truly an amazing year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to start off a dreary Friday. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To quote the Elton John version "Lucy in the sky with Lucy". <3

    ReplyDelete