Friday, July 5, 2019

The Master of Illusions Appears

"Things aren't always as they appear"

I saw Spider-Man: Far From Home on opening night and was blown away at how awesome Jake Gyllenhaal made the character, Mysterio.

For those not into comics, might know him as the guy with the fish bowl head.  But in actuality, Quentin Beck is a mastermind.

I won't go into any of the details of the film, but if you see you must stay for the end credits scenes.  It is a mind blown reaction.

I mentioned that I have been getting back into my nonsports card collection recently with an emphasis on the characters I loved reading as a kid: Wolverine, Gambit, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Hawkman, and the Flash.

I showed off a Jambalaya Marvel Retro Daredevil a few weeks ago and one of my favorite Daredevil storyarcs is Guardian Devil.  It is written by Hollywood Direcor Kevin Smith (also acts as Silent Bob from Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma fame) with stunning art by Joe Quesada, former Marvel Editor in Chief.  The story features a stunning reveal of Mysterio just completely f***ing with Daredevil in a way that Kingpin, Bullseye, and so many other villains had failed in the past.  That arc made Mysterio cool to me.

And Far From Home makes Mysterio cool for many future generations following the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).

Mysterio is known for his illusions and I have shown a few of these off before when discussing Doctor Strange.

My latest parallel is the green one number 1/5.
Here are my other parallels including the gold
Along with the red, base, and blue.
Only the Gold Vinyl Superfractor 1/1 remains out there for me.

2 comments:

  1. The green Illusion looks really sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing Mysterio in the Spider-Man movie. Saw a figure review of him on YouTube and have been curious ever since.

    ReplyDelete