Sunday, May 24, 2020

Another Phillies 1 of 1

I try to keep up with 1/1s equal to the number of Homeruns Cutch hit with a team.

Andrew McCutchen has had 10 homeruns with the Phillies.  I am pretty sure I am close to that number. 

Here is a 2019 Topps Museum Blank Back Topps Vault 1/1 that I bought last year.
Nothing fancy at all about it.  The front looks like the base card and the back is blank except the Topps Vault sticker.

Do you try to have any types of cards equal to a stat of that player? 

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I don’t think I do off the top of my head, but cool idea.

    That’s a really nice museum card design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is one former Met of whom I have exactly the same number of 1/1s as home runs he hit for the team.

    Unfortunately, that's Matt Harvey, with 1. Well, better than 0!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a stat... but my original goal was to collect a certain number of player pc autographs based on their jersey number. For example... 19 Gwynn autographs, 24 Henderson autographs, and 27 Altuve autographs... but I sorta lost focus and didn't really follow through on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the 2019 Museum Collection design. Was thinking of picking up a Cutch from that set myself (not a 1/1 of course).

    Stat matching is tough, I've only ever thought about it in passing but it doesn't seem realistic. I suppose it's possible for me to accumulate 541 David Ortiz cards (his career HR total) or 691 Martin Brodeur cards (his career win total) but I'm still a long way off from either. You've planted a seed though.. :)

    ReplyDelete