Wednesday, May 4, 2022

May The 4th & Taz

I love pop culture. Not so much stuff today like Fortnite or Pokemon or whatever that Five Freddy thing is, but the stuff from the 80s and 90s I love!!!

I never considered myself a huge fan of Star Wars, but I do enjoy the original trilogy and *parts* of the prequels/sequels. 

Here is a card I have shown off many times before on Star Wars Day.
I wanted to take a moment though to discuss where my current collecting is.  I still plan to pick up as many Andrew McCutchen cards as I can, but I am really looking at streamlining what I am picking up and the prices I am willing to pay.  

5 years ago I would have just paid whatever was needed to grab new Cutch cards, but now I have certain prices in mind for what the card is (base, serial, auto, relic, patch, etc).  

It's a lot more enjoyable this way.
Plus my mailman isn't going to throw his back out with less than 5 new pickups a week opposed to dozens of cards incoming. 

Now, I say all that and have to admit...I am splurging on football cards now more than ever. 

I am looking for Jerome Bettis & Troy Polamalu cards for the collection.  I have close to 500 unique cards of the Bus and am nearing 100 unique Troy cards.
For a brief time, Troy was being called the Tasmanian Devil due to his style of play on the field.

Here are a pair of recent Taz pickups.

4 comments:

  1. I've seen a few collectors talk about those Kaboom inserts. Guess they're pretty popular. I was a big fan of Polamalu, but never came across many of his cards. Have fun collecting his cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are three great looking cards. Outer space has lent itself to some great card designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that Fire card. Reminds me of the old Metal Universe cards.

    ReplyDelete