Sunday, September 24, 2017

Some miniature savings

I get so confused with what minis I need and what ones I have based solely on memory.  The regular standard size cards I can look at and instantly say yup I have it or Ohhhhhh I need that.

For whatever reason I always have to cross reference my spreadsheet for the minis.  There was recently a 2011 Gypsy Queen sepia mini numbered 1/99 listed but with Allen & Ginter in title.

I checked my spreadsheet and saw that I didn't have this one.  I also checked my Gypsy Queen mini post earlier in the year to verify.

The card was listed as an auction with 99 cents opening bid and a buy it now $4.99.  I contemplated hitting the B-I-N but chose to let it end naturally as an auction.

6 days passed.

I was the only bidder as seconds ticked down towards zero.

A little bit of patience saved me $4.
And now I have this mini in hand with some miniature savings.

How often do you see something with just a fraction of price between auction and B-I-N and just naturally go towards the B-I-N instead of trying to save the extra few bucks with the risk?

2 comments:

  1. It's a good strategy. I've had it go both ways. I've had a few cards blow past the BIN price that I should have scooped up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the BIN price is lower than most completed sales, I'll just buy it. Otherwise... I'll take my chances and go up against other collectors.

    ReplyDelete