Wednesday, January 17, 2018

I'm still here

I want to thank everyone who messaged me over the past few days regarding both my car accident and the trading of Cutch.

I am working on finding a new car at the moment, but have a rental lined up until I find something definitive.

As for Cutch, I will still be Collecting Cutch.  Looking back at the recent Hall of Famers dating back to 2010 only 3 played their entire careers with one team (Larkin, Bagwell, Biggio).  We know that Alan Trammell, Chipper Jones, Derek Jeter, and Mariano Rivera will all make the Hall of Fame too.

The days of great players staying with one team their entire careers are few and far between.  Even a 10 year No Trade Clause doesn't mean you get to stay with one team.  Just ask Stanton and Verlander.

So what will my focus be now that Cutch is no longer with the Pirates?

I'm still going to seek out any Pirates cards I don't own
Any certified autographs will always be high priority
I will be looking to get some game used items (bats, jerseys, etc)

Stay here as I provide daily updates to the collection and continue to show off my over 2,000 unique cards of Cutch.

And don't forget to checkout Chasing3000cards, my latest blog where I am making a decade long commitment to acquire 3,000 unique Roberto Clemente cards.

I purchased this Topps Now off eBay yesterday.  It is my first Cutch card with a Giants logo.

It breaks my heart.
When the card arrives, I will be sure to post it.

Who knows, maybe Topps will make some Cutch/Bonds dual cards now because of the Pittsburgh/San Francisco connection.

6 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you would still collect Cutch in the Giants uniform or just use the time to fill in your current holes. I admire your dedication! Glad to hear you are doing ok after the wreck and things are getting back to normal.

    I bought that Cutch card too.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the Cutch news for you and all Pirates fans. McCutchen and the fans deserved better. I mean I was pretty down about Torrens leaving NYY too but at least he wasn't the face and heart of the franchise (yet). Hopefully the next Cutch/rebuild comes along soon, you all deserved more than just three good seasons where you made it to the Wild Card game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear all is well and Cutch is still your guy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn Giants-great guy-always enjoyed watching him against the Redbirds, always

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your car situation is fuxed soon, and glad youre OK. as with Verlander coming back to Comerica Park as an Astro its gonna be weird seing Cutch in SF Giants uni in Pittsburgh.
    One day, when it's right, he'll be back with the Bucccos in the team HOF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One team careers are quite the rare occurrence these days. It's a shame, but on the other hand, it makes me appreciate the ones who were able to. I hope you find a new car quickly. Both of my cars are over 10 years old, so it's only a matter of time before I need to go out and purchase a replacement.

    ReplyDelete