Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Upton Here, Upton Here

Each year during the month of October, I show off only pink (and shades of pink like magenta, peach, etc) to help raise awareness of Breast Cancer, a leading cause of death for females in the United States.  

Due to my own financial situation this year I will not be able to make a donation for each (meaningful, non spam) comment left by those that follow the blog.  Once things settle down on the home front though I will be looking to make a donation in 2022 based on the comments left during this year's event.  Hopefully together we can help at least one woman get a much needed mammogram.  Early detection is key!!!

If you want to make your own private donation please visit the National Breast Cancer Foundation.  There is a donate button on the main page and it only takes a minute of your time.  Every little bit helps.

I have focused primarily on cards that only feature Andrew McCutchen on the card, but in recent years have also featured cards with a cameo appearance (either being seen on the card or as a name cameo on the back of the card).  In 2019, I created Falco Files which discussed players that replaced (Shane Falco Replacements movie reference) on an active roster, number worn, or trade.  I will also be showing some Cutch's Crew cards that show pink cards of players that have played with Cutch on multiple teams. I will continue to utilize these styles of posts as we celebrate the 5th Collecting Cutch Save Second Base event (I am no longer counting my first run on the Pirates Treasure Room I did back in 2014).

I am always looking for new ways to incorporate new celebrities into the event, but today I am presenting a favorite of mine




Kate Upton

We all know who she is
She helped to promote MLB 2K12, which featured her now husband on the cover.
She has appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated

More than once...

She clearly is no stranger to baseball

One of the best memes for baseball was using rapper DMX's song lyrics Y'all Gonna Make Me Lose My Mind, Up in here, Up in here and converting it to a meme about the Upton brothers playing together in Atlanta (and again in San Diego)

Justin Upton has appeared on numerous cards with Andrew McCutchen over the years, mostly as relic cards.  I was able to secure a nice pair (no pun intended for this month's theme) of Cutch and Upton printing plates two years ago.

This is the magenta plate.
It is an uncirculated card from Just Minors.
You can view the cyan plate I showed off back in April 2019.  This post has been in draft mode for over two years waiting for the right time to show it off.  With the limited technology I have and my cards being all over NJ, I have had to resort to my scanned files of cards that I never showed off, but have scanned on a flash drive.

Have you ever drafted a post and waited over 2 years to show it off?  



9 comments:

  1. I have unfinished drafts from two years back, but nothing that has ever eventually been posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's actually a really distant cousin of mine...more than 20 times removed but still related.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My unfinished drafts rarely last more than a week. They either get published or erased.

    I would like Kate Upton to stop associating with teams like the Braves and Astros but otherwise she can do no wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the minority, but not a fan. Too big.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do have some drafts that are older than two years laying around... but don't know if I'll ever get around to finishing and publishing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have scans in the drafts folder for eventual posting, just the scans, no text. I haven't seen that Upton meme until now, that is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never had a draft sitting around that long. Fun post and like Jafronius I really like that meme.

    ReplyDelete