Sunday, October 17, 2021

Not Helen Hunt

Each year during the month of October, I show off only pink (and shades of pink like magenta, peach, etc) to help raise awareness of Breast Cancer, a leading cause of death for females in the United States.  

Due to my own financial situation this year I will not be able to make a donation for each (meaningful, non spam) comment left by those that follow the blog.  Once things settle down on the home front though I will be looking to make a donation in 2022 based on the comments left during this year's event.  Hopefully together we can help at least one woman get a much needed mammogram.  Early detection is key!!!

If you want to make your own private donation please visit the National Breast Cancer Foundation.  There is a donate button on the main page and it only takes a minute of your time.  Every little bit helps.

I have focused primarily on cards that only feature Andrew McCutchen on the card, but in recent years have also featured cards with a cameo appearance (either being seen on the card or as a name cameo on the back of the card).  In 2019, I created Falco Files which discussed players that replaced (Shane Falco Replacements movie reference) on an active roster, number worn, or trade.  I will also be showing some Cutch's Crew cards that show pink cards of players that have played with Cutch on multiple teams. I will continue to utilize these styles of posts as we celebrate the 5th Collecting Cutch Save Second Base event (I am no longer counting my first run on the Pirates Treasure Room I did back in 2014).

I am always looking for new ways to incorporate new celebrities into the event so today I am presenting
Leelee Sobieski


She rose to fame thanks to her roles on Joan of Arc, Deep Impact, and Never Been Kissed
Her interview of the Jay Leno show when she was only 16 years old shows how extremely intelligent she is. You can watch it on YouTube here.
In the 90s she began getting more headlining roles such as the thriller Joy Ride starring the late Paul Walker

She hasn't been involved in acting for nearly a decade as she has focused on art and being a mother.
Leelee will always look like a Helen Hunt doppelganger to me and I most remember her for her role in The Glass House


Above is the 2016 Gypsy Queen Glassworks box topper, red parallel.  It has many more pink hues than red.
Above are the base and red parallels side by side.



4 comments:

  1. Another name I hadn't heard in a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those glassworks cards. Never heard of Leelee. Good to learn new things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would explain why she hasn't been around lately. Helen Hunt would be a great topic too!

    ReplyDelete