Saturday, October 16, 2021

Punk Rock Princess

Each year during the month of October, I show off only pink (and shades of pink like magenta, peach, etc) to help raise awareness of Breast Cancer, a leading cause of death for females in the United States.  

Due to my own financial situation this year I will not be able to make a donation for each (meaningful, non spam) comment left by those that follow the blog.  Once things settle down on the home front though I will be looking to make a donation in 2022 based on the comments left during this year's event.  Hopefully together we can help at least one woman get a much needed mammogram.  Early detection is key!!!

If you want to make your own private donation please visit the National Breast Cancer Foundation.  There is a donate button on the main page and it only takes a minute of your time.  Every little bit helps.

I have focused primarily on cards that only feature Andrew McCutchen on the card, but in recent years have also featured cards with a cameo appearance (either being seen on the card or as a name cameo on the back of the card).  In 2019, I created Falco Files which discussed players that replaced (Shane Falco Replacements movie reference) on an active roster, number worn, or trade.  I will also be showing some Cutch's Crew cards that show pink cards of players that have played with Cutch on multiple teams. I will continue to utilize these styles of posts as we celebrate the 5th Collecting Cutch Save Second Base event (I am no longer counting my first run on the Pirates Treasure Room I did back in 2014).

I am always looking for new ways to incorporate new celebrities into the event so today I am presenting
Yesterday John had suggested the Punk Rock Princess, Avril Lavigne, so I thought I would honor his request.

One of my favorite YouTube channels, PunkRockMBA, recently did a video about Avril where he looked at why the scene hates on Avril.  The channel's host, Finn McKenty, goes into a deep dive discussing her hustle and the amount of shows she did at a young age to become the star that she is today and how he absolutely respects her for that.
In the video he discussed how she helped influence an entire generation of young women with her look and attitude.
Lavigne had appeared on stage with country music artist Shania Twain when she was only 15 years old.  This lead to a 2 album recording contract. 
Some of her hit singles include Sk8er Boi, Complicated, and Girlfriend.
It looks like she may have gotten some plastic surgery.

Lavigne was born in 1984 and celebrated her birthday just a few weeks ago.
This 2019 Topps Mini pink parallel is based on the 1984 design and limited to only 25 copies, with this one being numbered 7/25.

Do you have a favorite punk band?

Have you ever tried skateboarding?


6 comments:

  1. Blonde, although I never knew they were considered punk.

    I've bern on a skateboard, mostly, unsuccessfully.

    Thanks for the Shout-out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite punk band is/was The Effigies, a respected but not very prominent band from Chicago in the 80s. I went to college with their lead singer, John Kezdy. They were fantastic live, but their recordings are quite good, too.

    I tried skateboarding but was never any good at it.

    BTW, anyone who likes Avril's "Girlfriend" should check out The Rubinoos' "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend", to which the former bears a suspicious resemblance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, haven't heard her name in a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like "complicated" and always thought she was attractive but as a general rule I don't care for the punk concept. She posted a picture on Instagram recently that showed quite a bit of her "second base".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, never been on a skateboard. Big fellas like me don't do so well with activities where you're moving fast while standing.

    ReplyDelete