Thursday, March 19, 2020

Building With Bricks

With the coronavirus making many people stay inside and not do much socially I have been binge watching a lot of TV.

I did away with actual cable last year and now just watch Hulu, Netflix, Disney+, and YouTube TV.

There is a weekly show that I can't watch until the day after it's airing date and I look forward to Thursdays more than any other day of the week.

The show is called Lego Masters and it airs Wednesday nights on Fox, but also plays on Hulu beginning Thursday mornings.  It is hosted by Will Arnett.

The show pits teams of two against each other in a reality TV show where they must build theme parks, race cars, cities, among many other things.

There are a few ladies on the show which could be prime choices for my annual Save Second Base Event.
That could be an inspiring post.

Now that I have talked about Lego Masters I thought it would be fun to show off my Oyo collection of Cutch figures.

Oyo is a line of Lego inspired sports figures depicting players, mascots, stadiums, etc.  They are all licensed products and have been in production since 2012.  The early figures command big money on the open market.

An Andrew McCutchen 2012 All-Star Game uniform has sold for over $50 loose.

There are MANY Oyo figures of Cutch that I still need including all variants in Phillies and Giants uniforms, his 2012 and 2015 All-Star Game figures, and the black alternate jersey figure, and yellow alternate jersey figure.  Loose or sealed, I hope to get them all one day.

5 comments:

  1. I love Lego Masters! The things they create are amazing, and every single team has their own strengths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think LEGO Masters has gotten better and better as the weeks have gone on. I still wish they'd focus a bit more on the builds and building techniques (but I'm a LEGO nerd so I'm into stuff like that)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not big into Legos, but looks like a cool show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I'll check this show out... since I've been watching a few Lego reviews on YT anyways. As for these Oyos, I have a few. Never realized that some of them are worth money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't do reality television, no matter what the subject is, so this show wouldn't ever be an option for me, but in an era when most internet shows seem to release their entire seasons all at once, it's nice to hear that there's at least one still out there that people have to come back on a weekly basis to watch the newest episode.

    ReplyDelete