Sunday, May 27, 2018

Custom 1/1 Team USA

I have no artistic bones in my body. 
This leads me to sometimes overpay for things I consider are innovative and artistic.

Such was this case with this triple custom card featuring autographs of Adam Jomes, Christian Yelich, and Andrew McCutchen. 

I have a few Adam Jones autographs as he is a great role model and a very consistent ball player.  I have almost 150 certified autographs of Cutch, but didn't have an autograph of Christian Yelich.

One of my dream cards would be to have a booklet containing all the autographs of the 2017 WBC Championship Team USA.  Autographs of Cutch, Buster Posey, Nolan Arenado, Christian Yelich, Giancarlo Stanton, Adam Jones, Eric Hosmer, Paul Goldschmidt, Alex Bregman, Ian Kinsler, Chris Archer, Andrew Miller, Brandon Crawford, Marcus Stroman, and the list goes on and on would be incredible for the collection.

The concept for this card was greater than the execution and had it not been so cheap after eBay bucks I wouldn't have even thought about it. 

From a distance it looks cool.  Up close....not so much.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting that someone created that. Certainly agree with your assessment, however.

    ReplyDelete