Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Heritage High Number Preview

Even though Andrew McCutchen hasn't been a top 5 MVP vote getter for the past two seasons, the former face of the Pirates franchise is still getting plenty of cards highlighted as part of the previewing of new sets.

It should be no surprise that Cutch will be appearing in 2018 Heritage High Numbers as he was pictured as a Pirate in the initial release a few weeks after being traded to the Giants.

Click here to see all the images of what will be appearing in the August release.

This is what Cutch's card will likely look like.


Obviously like so many other releases the draw of the set is the autograph rookies.  While not confirmed I suspect we could see Acuna, Albers, Hoskins, and maybe even Otani again in the release.  The Amazing part of this release will be autograph cards of the 1969 Amazin Mets.  With the big market of NY and the love for that team I suspect those will be a huge hit on the secondary market. 

5 comments:

  1. Weird to see Cutch and Longoria wearing SF uniforms.

    I'll still get and will keep any Justin Verlander cards, in any uniform he's wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card makes me so sad.

    I wonder what that Reggie '77 Highlights card is in the previews, since '77 ain't '69. Maybe a Jackson retrospective commemorating his breakout year of '69?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at the Phillies Giants game tonight and it was weird seeing him not in a Pirates uniform. I am going to Pittsburgh on Friday so I can stand up and give him a 5 minute standing ovation.

      Delete
  3. I probably won't buy any packs or boxes of Heritage High Numbers, but I might chase down a few of the '69 Mets autographs.

    ReplyDelete