Friday, December 21, 2018

8th Day of Christmas: Second Base and Phillies

I wanted to show off Denise Milani during this year's SaveSecondBase event.

With Christmas approaching (12/25) and having a pink card (which I actually already showed off here), I thought it was appropriate to connect her to this pink card.  After all she is wearing pink in the picture.

This 2014 Topps pink card features the previous year's NL MVP.  It is one of my All-time favorite images of Cutch on cardboard.
The back shows off some pretty cool stats about his NL MVP season and oddly enough 2 random stats against his now current team.  Was this a prophesy that Topps saw coming way back in 2014?  Did Topps know that one day Cutch would have his stats weighted heavily in Philadelphia?  Or was this just some random error in creating the card back?

Much like the secret surrounding how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie (lolli)Pop, the world may never know.


6 comments:

  1. Save Second Base...the gift that keeps on giving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Denise....I'm a fan.

    Was there something about cards there? Oh who cares...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry is this a card blog? I didn't see a card. Maybe its a candy blog? I saw a lollipop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutch will take us to the candy shop...

    ReplyDelete