Saturday, December 1, 2018

Mouth Guaze and Signatures

I have been to the dentist more in the past six months than in the past six years.  I recently had to get a tooth extracted because after several failed attempts to save the tooth and prevent further infection, there was no other choice.

I never had a tooth yanked that didn't naturally fall out when I was younger.  Gotta admit, it wasn't a pleasant experience. I had to sign a waiver aknowledging that I was willfully having my tooth pulled and that any injury including death wasn't the fault of the doctor.  Obviously I am paraphrasing, but that is what it felt like.

After the extraction I was given a long list of dos and don'ts.  Among them was being given a stack of tiny gauze to tightly bite into.

I bring all this up because one of my recent Cutch pickups reminds me of that "fun filled" experience.
It has a tiny little swatch of white jersey similar to a mouth gauze and a bold on card signature.  It also has the amount I had to pay for my extraction, 35.

The back discusses how Cutch first Giants hit was like a pinball, the same way I was feeling as twist and turn it took to yank out the deeply infected root.


7 comments:

  1. Goodness gracious! Hope you're alright. This is a beautiful card that at least you'll have now longer, I hope, than you had that tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having teeth removed is AWFUL! Get well soon, and don't use this card in your mouth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. My bad back feels like a tickle compared to having a tooth pulled. Hope your mouth heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch, doesn't sound like fun. I just saw a 2018 Chronicles printing plate on sale on COMC for $20.05, don't know what you typically pay for 1/1 but thought you might be interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a good deal. I normally pay in the $25+ range for Cutch plates.

      Delete
  5. I had to have two of my back teeth extracted (did them separately). I gagged every time I changed that gauze.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had my other round of wisdom teeth out in March of this year along with two fillings. I don't want to see the dentist again for awhile (sadly have a cleaning in JanuaY)

    ReplyDelete