Monday, January 2, 2017

Contest Entry: My Favorite 2016 Card

2016 saw me change my collecting strategy as I went from collecting all things Pittsburgh sports to focusing more on my favorite player, Andrew McCutchen.

It also saw me blog far less than I had in the past 5 years as I took several months away from the blogging world.

I hope to start 2017 out strongly and post on average 5 times a week going forward. Some posts will simply be "Check Out What I bought" while others will provide a lot more depth and thought into the writing process. Most importantly though, I really want this blog to showcase some really awesome Andrew McCutchen cards and rebuild the online friendships I have made over the years.

Sitting at nearly 1,400 unique cards of Cutch gives me many options to cite a favorite card in my collection. I can probably make a top 10 and maybe even a top 5, but truthfully I don't know if I can pinpoint one card in my Cutch collection that is my favorite.

The year 2016 saw me add 246 unique cards to my collection that were released in 2016.  That's a lot of cardboard. There was many that were even 1/1s. Again, that's a lot of cardboard.

But of all the cardboard produced in 2016 of the 5 x All-Star, which is my favorite that I own?

The Blog Eamus Catuli is running a contest for your favorite card produced in 2016.

Well, after debating a wide variety of cards including 3 Superfractors, Roberto Clemente Award photo variants, and countless numbers of parallels and patches I had no other option that was more demanding of

My FAVORITE CARD OF 2016



This triple booklet Jumbo Patch from 2016 Topps Triple Threads is the clear cut winner. When I saw it, I knew it had to be mine. I made arrangements with the seller on a deal we both thought to be very fair and within a week it was home.


It features two Jolly Roger sleeve patches of Jung Ho Kang and Gerrit Cole respectively. It also features the P from Pirates throwback home jersey of my main PC, Andrew McCutchen.

I am awaiting a custom booklet case to be delivered to proudly display this behemoth.

I hope everyone had a very Happy and Safe New Year!
Be sure to leave comments below.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful card. And it's a true 1/1, very nice.
    Thanks for entering the contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom. It's an awesome contest you are running. There are some really nice cards being showcased. That David Ross you got captures the Cubs magical season perfectly.

      Delete
  2. Wow. Those patches are insane! Congratulations on adding that to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fuji. I was stoked when I saw it available.

      Delete