Friday, February 1, 2019

Go Red For Women

The first Friday in February every year is National Wear Red Day.

JediJeff asked if I could tie in some breast cancer awareness cards with my week of 1/1s in Giants uniforms.  While I can't do that I can show some lovely ladies wearing red for this great cause and awareness day.
By wearing red today you are helping to bring awareness to cardiovascular disease.

I have used this National Awareness Day since making the blog to show off some of my red Andrew McCutchen cards.
Below is the past two years I have shown off.
2018-National Wear Red Day ptDeux
2017-National Wear Red Day (Must See!)

This year will be no different.  It just so happens to fall on a week that I am only highlighting Giants 1/1 cards featuring Cutch.

Big League Baseball red foil 1/1 (bad scan, centering is perfect but won't pick up the left side)

For those that may not know much of Big League Baseball, it was a budget friendly set that took the place of Topps Bunt this year.  It featured a really nice design both on the front with easy to distinguish color parallels.

The back also features a very clean almost retro design.
The stats feature the five most recent seasons along with career totals.

It also has a trivia fact about the player in the Did You Know block.

I will show off other parallels in the future.

As a reminder with my Save Second Base month long awareness event I run every October, please visit the website and help raise awareness for Cardiovascular Disease.  Wear your red proudly today!










2 comments:

  1. IT WORKED!!! :)

    Remember, cardiovascular disease affects the heart, right underneath those lovelies, so it all ties together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can find ways to tie in Andrew McCutchen cards with pretty much anything.

      Delete