Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Looking good in pinstripes

The New York Yankees have a tradition and a sense of pride for anyone that puts on the timeless pinstripes.

When Cutch became a member of the team he kept calling the experience surreal.

Juan Rosales has been accepting my commission requests for a few years now and always knocks out the cards to capture Cutch perfectly.

Juan sent me an artist proof he created for me of Cutch a few days after the official release and I absolutely love this one.

Not only did he manage to capture the reference photo perfectly (pictured below), but he also included the logo of the most successful aports franchise in the United States.  Oh and he added those famous pinstripes to the background at my request.

The sketch card even has that "hockey stick" design being used this year in Topps flagship.

Fricking awesome as always Juan!!!

I have a few other Juan sketch cards that I need to post.

3 comments:

  1. That card is gorgeous. Love the idea of putting the logo and pinstripes in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great in pinstripes. Wished he had stayed in them

    ReplyDelete