Friday, February 15, 2019

No Sleep Til Brooklyn

At the end of 2018 Topps had a complicated and expensive release schedule.

In addition to the releases of Dynasty, Transcendent, and Update Chrome there was an online exclusive release that was supposed to be very difficult to get.

The Topps 582 Montgomery club would give members first opportunity to purchase the Brooklyn Collection.  Unfortunately things didn't go as planned and the exclusive set with a pricepoint of 5 cards per pack and SRP of $1,000 per pack became available to the mass public sooner than anticipated.

The cards used 72 point card stock (same as a thicker relic) and every card featured an on card autograph of legendary players, fan favorites, and of course recent rookies with bold gold foil.

There were two designs for the set and many players signed both designs.  Base cards were numbered to 25 copies, red (/15), black (\10), purple (/5), and platinum (1/1).

The designs of the cards were said to have come from the Topps Vault of recently discovered designs from the 60s and 70s.

I was able to get a copy of both designs, but of different rarities.

Here is design 1.

The back for both designs is identical.

What decade do you think this design pattern would be from?

60s or 70s?




4 comments:

  1. Heard about this project late. I might have actually tried to buy into it had I heard about it sooner. Love the on-card autograph. Congratulations on the pickup. As for your question... this design doesn't really shout 60's or 70's to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are confusing to me and hard to pay attention to. As for the design, I think I agree with Fuji, although I also thought in the 1985 range.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it looks like a Topps card on the front. looks like some knockoff. But, I don't say 60s or 70s

    ReplyDelete