Tuesday, January 28, 2020

And Then There Was 1...

This week has been full of sh*tty news.

Yesterday the Pirates traded Starling Marte to the Arizona Diamondbacks.  That means that there is only one player left from the 2015 Pittsburgh Pirates who had the 2nd best record in the majors and finished with a 98-64 record.

That lone player is Gregory Polanco.  I wouldn't be too shocked if hegets traded midseason as well as the Pirates appear to be in full rebuild mode now under their new management team.

I am going to show my favorite 6 cards of #6, Starling Marte.

Up first is my only Logoman of Marte.  It is the Logoman to his 2011 Futures Game jersey.
Next up, one of my favorite Cutch pairings.  This Gypsy Queen captures the gold glove caliber outfield pairings of Marte and Cutch in their primes.
It's Heritage Red Ink.  Do you really need more explanation?
The only knock on this card is the sticker autograph.  An on card auto would have been much nicer.
Speaking of on card auographs, I sought out every silver ink Pirates auto I could get my hands on from 2011 to 2015.  This pre debut prospect of Marte is a great looking design.
This card I have shown off a lot in the past month.  It's very low numbered and features some of my favorite Pirates outfielders of All-Time.


5 comments:

  1. I was at his debut in Houston. I'm so annoyed that he was traded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day finally came... we knew it would happen. Great cards, thanks for sharing them. Best of luck to Marte.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The real bad news is that the Mets will have another season without a real center fielder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some really nice cards. The pair of buttons is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rough week for sure. Hope things turn around quickly. By the way... the logoman and button cards are awesome.

    ReplyDelete