Thursday, January 9, 2020

Labels are stupid, but Gold Labels Are Awesome

Short on time today so I am just going to show off another autograph of Andrew McCutchen.  I haven't counted them in a long time, but I think I am getting close to 200 unique autographs of Cutch.

I like that there are more on card autographs of Cutch to chase in recent releases.  I wish that there were more dreadlock style Cutch cards with on card autographs, but beggars can't be choosers.

Keep the autos coming....
Since late 2017 Topps and Panini have been using Cutch as an autograph subject more frequently than during his MVP level seasons.  From 2012 to 2015, Cutch finished in top 5 voting all four years, winning the award in 2013. 


Whatever label you want to put on Cutch's career thus far one thing prior to his injury year in 2019 was consistency.  He was one of only 2 players to mash over 20HRs from 2011 to 2018.  Had his 2019 injury not occurred he likely would have kept that streak going into 2020 as he had 10 HRs in just about 2/3 of the season left to play. 

3 comments:

  1. I love that Cutch actually tries to sign his name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that the Nats have won the WS, I'm pulling for the Phils to come out of the NL East. A healthy Cutch would go a long way toward making that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the gold framed signatures. And I of course like Cutch. Hope he starts up a new streak of 20 in 2020.

    ReplyDelete