Thursday, January 30, 2020

Are You In The 582 Club?

The Topps 582 Montgomery Club has been producing some really nice and unique sets that are exclusive to members of their club.

In addition to a base set of cards with exclusive foil stamping (like you see below on my McCutchen) there are also some player inspired sets.
Francisco Lindor, Bryce Harper, and Fernando Tatis have all had unique sets designed for them with some great checklists and fun designs.  I really don't collect much outside of Cutch and the Pirates, but if you're a fan of any of the more popular players in the game today you might want to check them out.

On top of those sets is the Brooklyn Collection that now has two years running of nothing but on card autographs using "recently discovered" failed test designs from the Topps Vault for the 60s and 70s.  I showed off one of the cards in February of last year.
 It's tough to distinguish if this would be a 1960s or 1970s style design.

Since that post last year I have picked up 5 more (2 more unique designs and 3 color parallels).  I will show them off eventually in a future post.  I briefly showed one in my 1,000 posts sneak preview post, but that one is being saved for next month's Black History Month.



5 comments:

  1. Not in the club, but I do want the braves cards from those sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not in the Club, although that could always change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not in. Looked into it, seems tough to get in and not sure if the value is there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not in either... but would totally join if I had the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete