Sunday, January 12, 2020

The numbers game


I have been collecting Andrew McCutchen cards for over a decade now.  In that time I have accumulated nearly 2,700 unique cards of Cutch.

As I gained more and more Cutch cards I thought it would be more fun to get serially numbered cards of Cutch to his jersey number.
With the exception of 30 games (25 regular season, 5 postseason) with the Yankees Cutch has always worn number 22 in the major leagues.  I recently acquired a new  Cutch22 (card numbered 22/xx) to my collection.
This autograph ran me only $12 delivered.

It helped spark a new collection for my growing basketball collection.


My favorite active basketball player is Paul George.  A few years ago Paul George changed his jersey number from 24 to 13 so that he could market PG13.

Here are my PG13 cards

 This Donruss Press Proof is 13/299
 It is from 2016-17

Pacers cards of PG13 will always be my favorite to collect, but I really like the variety of cards that a small (but growing) basketball collection offers.
This card is the Gold Standard (literally) of the type of Paul George PG13 cards I want.
Any PG13 card that mentions my favorite basketball player of all time (Reggie Miller) on the back is an instant favorite.




Now time for some Thunderous PG13 cards
Look at the design on this card.
This PG13 card is numbered 13/25 and as of now is my only Paul George relic in the PG13 collection.


Optic is a brand we are all familar with thanks to the baseball version, but the basketball version is so much better.
 Look at nice Panini makes licensed cards.


4 comments:

  1. The close up Cutch is super cool.

    I have a few PG13 cards set aside for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 22/# project. That’ll be tons of fun to chase. I had no idea you’re a basketball collector- I’ll start setting aside any Paul George cards for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PG13. Nice. That patch is awesome!

    ReplyDelete