Sunday, April 23, 2017

An oddball is added

Herodecks offers fun caricature designed playing cards of your favorite athletes, celebrities, etc.

I was given Steelers and Penguins ones for Christmas a few years back, but my true sports love is the Pirates and baseball.  Thanks to some eBay bucks I still had, I decided to finally grab the Pirates one.

The cover features 3 very memorable outfielders of the Bucs.

Inside, the playing card suits are broken down by the eras they played.

Cutch and the millenium Pirates (2000-current) are spades.

Some of the other eras you can figure out by looking at a few of the cards below.

Sorry Matt, no one can draw Bob Walk.  His majestic look is no match for card games.

The Poison brothers and the Pittsburgh Poison Takers can be seen below.

If you are into oddball cards, look at these hero decks to add to your collection.

4 comments:

  1. Love these! I just wish they made an Oakland A's or San Diego Padres deck. That's my hobby wish for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised that they don't have an Oakland one. There certainly have been enough colorful characters on their teams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Even if they did the Athletics as a whole and pick guys from the Philadelphia and Kansas City Athletics too.

      Delete