Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Diamond In The Rough

I was recently asked by my girlfriend what my favorite Disney movie.  It was an easy no thought answer.

Aladdin.

The story of a poor boy falling in love with a princess to become a prince, having a talking monkey for a best friend, and a magical carpet as your ride of choice?  Sign me up!

I bring this story up because today's card ties in perfectly with Aladdin.

The Diamond in the Rough

It's numbered 1/1 and features an actual diamond in the card.
While it is not technically an Andrew McCutchen, it does feature Cutch, Ryan Doumit, and Garrett Jones.

The back of the card features the Pirates team leaders of the 2010 season.  A look at their leaders will quickly show why they were granted the 1st overall pick in 2011.

The Pirates best pitcher was Paul Maholm who won 9 games, had an ERA of 5.10 and barely struck out over 100 batters.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, awesome that you have one of these diamonds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool! I have heard about these over the years, but this is the first time that I have actually seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. The card features an image from the 2010 season when they beat the Dodgers 11-5 on Opening Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember how the hype around these from that time! So cool!

    ReplyDelete