Thursday, October 26, 2017

Christmas Pt Deux

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month.  Visit the official site here.

Breast Cancer will be detected in one of eight women in the US each year.
It is the second leading cause of cancer death among women each year.
On average every 2 minutes a woman will be diagnosed with breast cancer and every 13 minutes one person will die from breast cancer.
There are currently 33 million breast cancer survivors in the USA.

It's important to support the research for cancer.  Breast Cancer is often associated with the color pink so I will be showing off some pink Cutch cards.

In addition, you can expect to see some boobs with each post.  Who doesn't love boobs?

So let's start with what we're hoping to save!

Lacey Chabert, born in 1982, is an actress that is best known for her role on Party of Five.  She also appeared in the teen hit Mean Girls as Gretchen Wieners.

Recently she has appeared on many Hallmark Channel Christmas movies.

Keeping with the Christmas theme I thought I should show off my 2017 Optic pink card,  which is the chrome version of the Christmas contest card.

I have now shown off the pink border Donruss and pink back Donruss card.


Last night the Astros struck for 3 doubles against the Dodgers bullpen.  The first was by Alex Bregman, who surprisingly no one picked.  Only two persons pimped my contest so the Pete Rose "Save Second Base" Breast Cancer Awareness card will be heading to Gavin of Baseball Card Breakdown or Bo's Baseball Cards Come to Life.

7 comments:

  1. It's not points off your man card if you're watching Hallmark chick flicks because of Lacey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Can't forget she was the original voice of Meg on Family Guy.

    Good luck to Bo, though I'm hoping I snag that Rose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was only 1 season but seems like only 2 or 3 episodes.

      Delete
  3. I watched her in mean girls, I meant I watched mean girls.

    If there is still an opening, I think Jennifer love hewitt needs to be on here

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was also Penny in the "Lost in Space" movie/reboot. Man her autograph card from that is super overpriced. They always start over or near $100 no questions asked. UGH. Mean while her co-stars cards from that same set (the kid that played Will Robinson, and the Mother Mimi Rogers) are hardly every more than about $60 tops. The Mimi auto has gotten to around $100 or more sometimes, the other one I haven't seen for more than about $40. Personally I have a problem paying more than $10 for his. I once saw one of Lacy's go for around $50 starting bid I think. I think it ended up going for only less than $80. That seemed like an oddity. Meanwhile autographed photos of her can be found for $20-$40 or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a bummer. I'd like to collect celebrity auto cards but even the lesser known actresses I like are out of my price range. If I'm going to pay $50-60 for an auto card it's too easy to buy a baseball HOFer (or two) instead.

      Delete