Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Philly Philly

Spending over 50 hours every week in the suburbs of Philadelphia keeps me in constant awareness of all things Philadelphia Sports.

I am by no means a Philly fan.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not "entirely" a Philly hater either.  In fact, my favorite all time athlete plays for the Philadelphia Phillies now.  My girlfriend is a Philadelphia fan so I have to deal with her fandom every Sunday when the Eagles are playing.

Because of this I thought it would be kind of fun to only show off Philadelphia Phillies cards this week to "celebrate" the Eagles losing their playoff game.

Philly Philly!!!!

Yeah....
I can be such a jerk sometime, but I am glad the Eagles are out so I get to hear everyone I work with talk about how Carson Wentz could be the next Joe Montana if he wasn't always injured.

Philly Philly
 This 2019 Topps Total red parallel is numbered to only 10 copies.
Cutch was on his way to an All-Star caliber season in 2019 prior to his ACL tear injury that ended his season early June.  At the time of the injury he was the only player with 40 walks and 40 runs scored in baseball. 

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't tell if that Cutch card was red or orange. And I was hoping the Iggles would win without Wentz for two reasons. 1: if BDN and 78 year-old McCown could win playoff games then there is literally no need for Wentz. 2: I was hoping the Packers would get to feast on them this Sunday. Seattle is going to be tough.

    ReplyDelete