Sunday, December 26, 2021

Happy (un) Boxing Day

Well guys.  This is it. We are officially moving into our new home today. 

We signed the paperwork earlier last week, got our keys, and have started to move some boxes here and there into the new house yesterday after we were done with some Christmas celebrations.  

It's going to be a long project to get things all set up. 

The last card purchase I had shipped to my dad's happened to be a holiday card which you can see below.

It is the 2021 Wal Mart Holiday Mega Box Santa Hat player worn relic limited to 75 copies. 

I can't wait to set up a table in my man cave basement so I can take pictures of everything and show off all the cool cards and memorabilia I have.

Here is the space that I'm working with in the basement.
As you can see it's a pretty big area and lends itself to a lot of options for how I want to set everything up.

The main basement area will be used as my Cutch Cave.

The former owner's had sectioned off 2 other rooms in the basement which I will also use to display my stuff.  The utility room will be just that, maybe a picture of Jack Lambert missing his teeth, but I don't want to put too much in that area.  The former play room area will be used as my other area for Pittsburgh sports franchises.
What do you all think? 

I'm going to paint everything before I get too involved in setting up the man cave.  I still haven't decided if I want to paint it a Pittsburgh sports theme or just keep it with neutral colors like greys and whites.

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on the house. Can't wait to see the Cutch Cave all set up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boundless opportunities. Congrats on the move in. Enjoy everything,(even with the headaches yet to be discovered (lol). One tip: everything off the floor, keep it up at least a foot or two. You'll figure out the many reasons for this as time passes on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, echoing what Johnny says. I live on Long Island and would never put anything valuable in the basement. Hopefully where you live isn't as bad as here, but you will likely want a good dehumidifier in there to help protect your cards. Not just floods but damp humid conditions in general which are not great for cards.

      Delete
    2. Already got the dehumidifier going and the plan is to elevate everything up

      Delete
  3. That basement looks perfect for a card room. I'm super duper jealous... but very happy for you and your family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do some Pittsburgh color accents. They could work really well. Should be exciting. Good luck with the new digs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Looks like a great space to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May you and your family enjoy many happy, healthy years in your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new house! Can't wait to see your Cutch Cave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas and Happy Moving In Day! I'm looking forward to seeing picture of the Cutch Cave in all its glory!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Pittsburgh colors for the Cutch Cave! Congrats on the new palacial estate...a great Christmas gift indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats. I'm always jealous of finished basements. Ours isn't, but it's also prone to water issues, so maybe it's best. (And best that my card room is upstairs).

    I last moved into a house 25 years ago. But remember it well. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the great news. That looks like a perfect space for a "Cutch Cave"

    Great thing about Pittsburgh sports teams is they all wear the same colors. I wouldnt paint the whole walls black and yellow though. Maybe just a stripe at the top? :)

    ReplyDelete