Sunday, January 2, 2022

New Year, New 1\1, New Contest!


Since yesterday was 1/1, I thought it would be appropriate to show off one of my latest 1/1s in the collection and compare the image to another 1/1 that I've had in my collection for a few years.

Above is my 4th Yankees 1/1 of Cutch.
It hails from 2021 Topps Dynasty and features Cutch in his clean shaven September 2018 look along with a nice laundry tag patch from the on base machine.
The back discusses how Cutch lead the Yankees in on base percentage (albeit small sample size) in 2018 with a .421 OBP.


The image used for the 2021 Dynasty Yankees card looks a lot like a 2019 Stadium Club card I have.
When this card was released I had a feeling it was photoshopped as there were only 30 games in Cutch's career that sported a clean shave look and they were all in New York.  The problem is I cant determine what game this is from.
As you can see from the back the Stadium Club Chrome card is a superfractor 1/1.  

I have a major problem with Superfractors in Stadium Club because a lot of times the image is a darker image used and the champagne circles used don't look good for Stadium Club cards.  The autograph Superfractor has been on eBay for over a year, but the price is too high.

If anyone is good at reverse image look ups and can identify what game this image was taken from I will give the first correct answer a prize (hint: it's a Hall of Fame autograph and he played on the Phillies).  Please provide source for the image so I can verify that it is in fact from that game.

4 comments:

  1. I've never been good with reverse image lookup stuff, but I wish you the best of luck in solving this mystery. That being said... kudos to Topps with that Photoshop job, because no way I would have caught that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.gettyimages.com/

    go here and do the search by image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I'll be able to do this one. Congrats on the 1/1 though! A little bummed to learn it's actually him as a Phil and not a Yank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a Yankee that they photoshopped to be a Phillie. I can't find the original image any Where

      Delete