Thursday, June 17, 2021

This day in Cutchstory, 1st MLB HR

As you may be aware I own the lineup card from Cutch's 1st MLB HR
I have shown it off last year upon receipt from Goldin Auctions.  It is one of my favorite items in my collection.

Topps has supplied card collectors with a few insert sets over the years that discuss player's first MLB homers.  

Of course there were parallels to collect as well, which you can see above.
Have you witnessed any player's first MLB Homeruns in person at the ballpark?  

I was witness to Pedro Alvarez's 2nd career homerun (4th of July 2010), but can't think of anyone 1st HR.


5 comments:

  1. No milestone home runs, but I did witness Roger Clemens winning his 20th game of the 1990 season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first guy that comes to my mind when i think being in the stands for their first home run is kennys vargas. he got a standing ovation as he was supposed to help twins fans get over the loss of justin morneau.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there for Ryon Healy's first MLB home run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve been to a lot of games, so I’m sure I have. But none ring a bell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife and I attended a White Sox - A's (?) game which happened to be the first game of Carlos Lee...he promptly hit the very first pitch he saw for a homer. Kind of a fan of his ever since.

    ReplyDelete