Thursday, August 12, 2021

Into The Corn!!!

When I was younger my best friend's favorite baseball team was the Chicago White Sox.  The ChiSox were a team I liked a lot also due to the Big Hurt, Robin Ventura, and Jack McDowell.  

I chose to root for the other black uniformed baseball team and the rest is kind of history.  

The Pirates have stunk for nearly 3 decades.
The White Sox have basically stunk during that time also besides a few playoff appearances and of course their 2005 World Series.

The Field of Dreams Game just ended with an epic walkoff by Tim Anderson.
Man was that awesome!!!

The first homerun hit in an MLB game in the state of Iowa was by Jose Abreu.
I will be rooting for the White Sox for the American League.  What a fun group of guys they have there.

I don't have many White Sox cards in my collection that feature Cutch, but I do have a 2020 Topps Sticker with Cutch on the front and the walk off hero, Tim Anderson on the back.

It's always fun to show off the images of a card via a mirror to show the fronts and back.
I also have a card with a bunch of patches including one of Jose Abreu.  It also has a nice patch of the other 9th inning (could have been) hero, Giancarlo Stanton.
I have a feeling I will be showing off the above card again in the near future when Miggy hits career HR #500.

Did you watch the Field of Dreams game?

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic finish to an amazing day of baseball...enjoyed all of it, including my Tigers finishing up a sweep of the Orioles in Camden Yards.

    Miggy is backmat it tomorrow night as Cleveland comes to Detroit for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummed with the outcome, but good game and great event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did indeed. enjoyed watching the balls hit the corn....all 8 of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't watch the game live... but watched the highlights. Fantastic. Great comeback by the Yankees in the 9th... only to have Anderson just crush it to walk it off. Doesn't get better than that.

    ReplyDelete