Monday, December 11, 2017

Let Me In Wonka!!!! (Congrats to Alan & Jack)

When you think of the 80s there are a lot of things that may come to mind.

Ask a kid in Detroit and he is likely to name a few Tigers and Pistons about his favorite memories.

Ask kids of the 80s their favorite candies and they are likely to rattle off a few of Wonka candies.

This got me thinking...
What if Will Wonka was in charge of Hall of Fame voting?

I am curious if Jack Morris and Alan Trammell would be elected over Dale Murphy,  Dave Parker, etc.

Do they have pure hearts?

Fortunately for the Tigers teammates that decision wasn't up to Willy Wonka.  It was up to the Veterans committee and both were elected yesterday.

Congrats to both on being elected to the Hall of Fame.  Both were some of the best at their positions in the 80s and deserve the praise they received.

As a Pirates fan I am obviously disappointed that Dave Parker was not elected.  Put his stats against Jim Rice and you will see why Parker deserves more consideration for the Hall of Fame.

I often wonder if one day after Cutch retires he gets elected to the Hall of Fame.

Could he be voted in by the writers as part of his 10 years on the ballot?

Will he have to hope to be voted by the veterans committee after dropping off the ballot?

If he ever is, I will be at Cooperstown for the ceremony.  He is my favorite player of All-Time.

I will make sure I have an official Golden Ticket to get in and celebrate with other Pirates fans.

Maybe my newest 1/1 will allow me access?
It's the Golden Ticket to Cutch's May 27th Walkoff HomeRun against the Diamondbacks.

I love adding these very rare Cutch cards to my collection.  I'm not to 200 1/1s yet of Cutch, but I am getting close.  I should be there by Opening Day 2018.

*No oompa loompas we're harmed for the production of this post*

5 comments:

  1. Ho hum, another 1/1.

    By the way, my kids have been watching the original Wonka movie and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm beyond ecstatic about Tram and Jack in the HOF...and I'd have no problem with The Cobra getting I, as well as Dale Murphy...and that's a awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you get there before opening day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great great, except that his walk-off was against the D-Backs!

    ReplyDelete