Wednesday, December 6, 2017

The Year was 1984

Cutch has appeared in many older set designs thanks to Archives and Heritage.

Over the summer he got the 1984 treatment thanks to Throwback Thursday.

Celebrating the first ever MLB Players Weekend, is a series of cards with the best nicknames from the inaugural weekend.

If you want to see some of Cutch's other cards from the 80s designs revisit my old post here.

Since the holidays are approaching I thought it would be fun to look back to 1984 and what all the holiday shopping trends were like.

Here's a link to the website I took the images from along with a write-up of each toy.  Some we carried over from 1983 and some became more popular in 1985.







5 comments:

  1. Obligatory:

    https://youtu.be/p4hTUYkF0qw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, 1984...I was working in the Sporting Goods Department at J.C. Penny in JAX...and we sold the Cabbage Patch Dolls...now that was something to see in person.

    Oh, and my Tigers won the World Series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those GI Joe figures are current. Back in 1984 they had the proportions of the human body accurate! I think I have all the GI Joe figures issued before 1987. I was a big fan for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Transformers and GI Joe were my favorite cartoons back in the day... and I remember family get-togethers always involved intense Trivial Pursuit games. Good times. And a cool Cutch.

    ReplyDelete