Tuesday, May 22, 2018

1984 Produced One Of The Greatest Year of Movies

I picked up a 2018 Donruss printing plate of the 1984 design and was looking for something to link my random baseball card to pop culture.

I definitely was too young to remember these movies in the theatre, but there was some amazing movies that came out that year.  They were so good they have inspired sequels and even TV series.

Let's run through the list....

Gremlins

Karate Kid

Ghostbusters

The Terminator



With so many great franchises created in 1984, it's hard to pick a favorite.  I would have to go with Ghostbusters as I loved both the original two movies, the cartoon (both versions), and even the all female led recent movie.

That being said, if you haven't watched the first two episodes for free on youtube of the Cobra Kai series, shame on you.  What an awesome concept for a TV show and it is beautifully done.  I just can't commit to YouTube Red to watch the rest of series.


By the way I am at 196 different Cutch 1/1s.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm roughly the same age as you, I didn't see any of these in the theater either. I did see Gremlins soon after..and I still haven't seen The Karate Kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1984 wasn't my favorite movie years, but besides the great Ghostbusters, my faves from the year are All Of Me (Steve Martin should have won an Oscar!), Splash, and a This Is Spinal Tap.

    ReplyDelete