Thursday, May 24, 2018

Card #2,222: A New Milestone

Andrew McCutchen has over 4,000 cards produced including 1/1s and a bunch of Just Minors sticker autographs.  While I have been knocking out a few of the Just Minors, I am still very far away from collecting all those 1/1s.  There's just waaaaaaay too many printing plates to chase.  On top of it, Topps has wisely begun producimg cards of different sizes for the player collectors to try and chase down.  It's no longer about having the standard size cards.  Beckett has checklisted all the 5x7s, 10x16s, and mini size cards that Topps offers through their online shop.

To put into perspective how insane the sheer amount of parallels has gotten in recent years, 24 year old Tyler Glasnow has nearly 1,700 cards produced.  He has pitched 109 innings with a 6.52 ERA.

I will never collect 100% of all the Cutch cards, but when I can look at multiple pages on eBay or COMC that aren't 1/1s and say I have them I feel I have done a good job of Collecting Cutch.

Since arriving to the majors in June 2009, Cutch has worn #22 so I am proud to show off my 2,222nd unique card of Cutch.

I am a big fan of the 2017 Definitive release.  Every card has an MLB authentication sticker so you can research the game the jersey was used.

In addition, the design is just beautifully crafted.  The textured layers of purple background on this particular card numbered 2/5 really make the card pop.

6 comments:

  1. I can't imagine anyone has as many 1/1s of him as you do. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In terms of Cutch I think I have the most. There's a few crazy supercollectors that put my 2K+ cards of Cutch and nearly 200 1/1s to shame though. I am aware of one collector who has over 1K 1/1s of the same player. Thats insane to wrap my hear around.

      Delete
  2. that's a great-looking card! and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is amazing and to have that many cards of any player is amazing as well!

    ReplyDelete