Sunday, February 27, 2022

3 1 of 1s in 1 day

As a player collector there are so many cards produced and I know I can never acquire them all.

I will continue to add unique cards to the collection whenever the opportunity presents itself though.

Topps Vault is a way to inflate the 1/1 count without breaking the bank. They are one of the final steps in the printing process and Topps has often made these "test proofs" blank back cards available for sale via their eBay page.

I won the Class 1 and Class 2 cards with no competition ($10ea), but the Class 3 card had a few extra bidders.  I went for it and won it for the price of the other two combined.

This is a pretty unique rainbow even if it is a gimmicky item.

Do you own any of the Topps Blank Back cards?

5 comments:

  1. I have a couple, but agree it’s gimmicky and manufactured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few Topps Vault items, but I think mine are just photo proofs. Then again... my memory sucks. I might have one with a card design on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any Topps vault items, but I can see why the Class 3 Cutch would get a little extra attention. Nice cards all around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the Topps Vault rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to wait until Topps Vault ran a "half off" sale on their unsold blank backs and grab some that caught my eye and/or for trade fodder. So I've got a few and have distributed a few around the cardsphere. Not sure if they still run the sales.

    ReplyDelete