Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Down for the count...

Everything happens for a reason.

That's what I always say.  Well, I don't always say it, but I am a strong believer of it.

I enjoy working and I enjoy overtime and I enjoy spending my overtime money on baseball cards.

Unfortunately what I don't enjoy doing anymore is rummaging through the collection and I certainly don't enjoy updating my spreadsheet with my Cutch cards I own.

That may all change as I recently injured my achilles and am awaiting to see a orthopedic to find out if its a tear or just strained. I'm out of work for at least two weeks and will be having a lot of free time on my hands with limited mobility.

This seems like a good time to get those spreadsheets updated.

I should also be able to take some pictures of my cards that I've acquired over the past year(s) that I never showed off here.  
One such card is this 2021 Topps Stadium Club image variation.  I picked this up late summer and it is an absolutely fantastic image variant action shot of Cutch sliding into a base.

The Cutch Cave will have to be put on hold due to my limited availability of walking and using tools. I will at the very least try to take a picture of the progress with it. 

7 comments:

  1. Ouch! Hope it's just a strain and that you'll be back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I like how you look at the bright side of your injury (getting to spend more time with your cards).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you were at least doing something awesome when you injured it! Jokes aside though, I echo Matt's sentiments and will be sending positive vibes that it's just a strain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sorry to hear about your achilles. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete