Sunday, December 4, 2016

The Art of Anticipation

For the past week news has been surfacing of the Pirates trading the Face of their franchise Andrew McCutchen. I am absolutely torn thinking about my main PC player, Andrew McCutchen playing for any other franchise. It  would be similar to seeing Sidney Crosby suit up in a Washington Capitols uniform.

If Cutch is traded to the Nats, what would the return be? Is Victor Robles and Joe Ross a realistic expectation for the Bucs?

I want to believe that Neal has a plan to make the team better.
I also want to see my favorite player of the past two decades retire as a Pirate.

I am torn.

The art of patience will bring each hour and day a new level of anticipation as I wait to see what uniform my favorite player wears in 2017.

I have never bought a print card from sketch artist Edward Vela, but this one stuck out to me.  It sums up my feelings about Cutch going to another team.

The thought leaves me broken, much like the bat being sawed by the contact of the ball.

Where's the ball going to go?
Where is the Cutch going to go?

The art of anticipation....

It's numbered 1/25.
I might pick up a few more of his sketch prints. The guy does beautiful work.




2 comments:

  1. Ugh. I just wrote about Cutch Friday. Things just got so complicated after his tough season.

    That is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete