Saturday, February 23, 2019

Getting Old Sucks

As I was scanning in some miscellaneous Cutch items I own I realized that my favorite player and myself are on the wrong side of 30.

It's easy to go back to those Fleer stickers of the 80s and say those are old logos or Rays, Diamondbacks, Marlins, Rockies didn't exist then.

It's another thing though to look at a Fathead tradeable card you have of a budding superstar for a team that hadn't had a winning record for nearly two decades.

There was excitement for the Pirates in 2011.
 Then the Jerry Meals blown call on July 26th, 2011 happened leading to the great collapse and another losing season (18 in a row!!!)

That all seems so long ago.
Look at these logos and it will seem even more in the past.
Astros in the National League?
The Miami Florida Marlins?
Who are the Jays? Oh wait is that the Blue Jays logo? That looks weird.

It's crazy how much has changed in 8 years.

Here is my other McCutchen Fathead tradeable I have.


5 comments:

  1. I feel old every time I hear about Fathead, back in my day we had posters, and that's the way we liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took my kids ice skating today...and orettt sure I won’t be able to move tomorrow. P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wrong side of 30? Just wait until you're on the wrong side of 40. ;)

    P.S. Fathead Tradeables were so cool!

    ReplyDelete