Saturday, February 2, 2019

SUPERhero Team Up


Last week I went to see M. Night Shimalyan's Glass movie.  It helped bring closure to a trilogy nearly two decades in the making.  I won't reveal any spoilers, but as the trailer gave suggestion "That sounds like the bad guys teaming up."  Good heroes are plentiful in comic books, but great heroes are often ruled by how good their villains are.


Heroes teaming up is nothing new to the world of SUPERS.

I got a handful of SUPERS to show off wearing a Giants uniform.

Yup, a handful...
2018 Topps Stadium Club Chrome Superfractor
The back features the 1/1 stamping in the middle under the stat box.

That isn't the only Superfractor I have of Cutch in a Giants uniform though.  I have already shown off this card when I ranked it as my top card of 2018.
This card is one of my favorites in my collection.

The term for DC Comics Big 3 (Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman) is referred to as the Trinity.

Let me introduce my another Superfractor of Cutch in a Giants uniform.  It is from 2018 Topps Chrome.
The back features the 1/1 marking
The back of this card oddly is the same as his Pirates Series 1 back (before the trade) and discusses his bid to join other former Pirates heroes.

If this were the DC Comics universe that would be the Trinity.  Guess what though?

I'm a Marvel fan!

So let me introduce the final member of The Fantastic Four

From 2018 Bowman Platinum comes my final officially MLB licensed Superfractor of Cutch in a Giants uniform.

The back discusses Cutch's incredible game against the Orioles on September 26, 2017.

If Topps is the Heroes of baseball cards, they need a villain to team up on.

Enter Panini, the antihero.
Panini has used the technology Topps uses for their Superfractor, but calls it a Gold Vinyl parallel.
It is also numbered 1 of 1 like Topps' Superfractors.

5 comments:

  1. That 83T autographed superfractor is awesome! As for the movie, I never saw the 2nd movie. I probably need to go back and watch Unbreakable first, then watch the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Split was actually my favorite of the 3. The performance by James McCavoy was insane. No pun intended.

      Delete
  2. Well, good villians also need a good backstory, and as everyone knows the backs of Panini cards aren't very good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post! And your 1/1's are always just so darn amazing, that it's kind of hard to focus on the written content.

    ReplyDelete