Thursday, May 9, 2019

After 9 Years, It's Finally Mine!!!!

Before Topps was issuing the vintage logo limited to 99 cards, Topps was placing vintage card stock with the vintage logo exclusively in packs at Target.

Trying to find copies of these cards now is relatively impossible.

The only completed sale of one of these  vintage stocks from the ENTIRE SET sold on eBay for the past three months is a rookie Buster Posey that sold for $61.  Others are listed including a Stanton rookie for $1K.

None show up on COMC at all for the entire 2010 set.

When I saw this second year, rookie cup winner card appear for $12 or best offer, I couldn't click buy-it-now fast enough.

It may have only cost $12, but adding this early in his career release of Cutch feels like a huge triumph considering it took 9 years to finally track one down.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the excellent pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Topps would print an entire set on vintage card stock. Heritage or Archives would be good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea those old log cards went for so much, I have several in my collection. Never differentiated them from the regular set cards. I guess one day I'll have to flip through every card, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Someone got a great deal on that Buster for $61. I probably would have bid on that. Congratulations on adding the Cutch to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pickup! I found a Bumgarner RC one of these for under a buck a coupe years ago, and consider that to probably be my greatest card show score ever, as far as what I paid vs. what I could get for it if I sold it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of these before! Looking at them now though, I'm fairly certain that I've seen one in a dime box before (it looks very familiar), if I did indeed see one, I obviously made a mistake in not buying it.

    ReplyDelete